West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College Global Enterprise Launch and Fundraising
Students from West Suffolk College raised funds for GeeWizz during an inspirational week supported by local business leaders.
The Global Enterprise Launch event kick starts Global Enterprise Week at West Suffolk College. The week will see West Suffolk College business students demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit and practical aptitude to raise money for the week’s nominated charity GeeWizz.
The launch saw thirteen high profile business leaders and influencers conduct a business focused Q&A with West Suffolk College students. Topics discussed include Brexit, Enterprise and the Modern Workplace.
The VIP panel of business leaders and influencers included:
- Stephen Foster, BBC Radio Suffolk Presenter.
- Austin Cornish, Managing Director of Bury Developments.
- Andrew Long, Chairman of RL and JP Long Farms.
- Mark Daly, Partner of Greene and Greene Solicitors.
- Philip Turner, Owner of Chestnut Group and PAT Partners.
- Dom South, Greene King Marketing Director.
- Brad Jones, East Anglian Daily Times Editor.
- Gina Long MBE (Keynote Speaker), GeeWizz Founder and Trustee.
- Edward O’Rourke, Ashtons Legal Partner and CEO.
- Mark Gaywood, Momentum Pensions and GeeWizz Charity Chairman.
- Andrew Speed, St Edmundsbury Financial Services Ltd Managing Director, Larkbridge Mortgages Ltd Director and Local Conservative Councillor for the
- Abbeygate Ward in Bury St Edmunds.
- Robert Hughes, Hughes Electrical Managing Director, Suffolk Chamber of Commerce and West Suffolk Chamber of Commerce Representative